Introducing culture-driven business coaching to the association world has been an experience for us, to say the very least. For organizations that have only ever known 2% growth increments and standard strategic plans, this new method of creating and implementing a culture-driven system has opened a new world of possibilities for forward-thinking leaders. In previous posts and other pages of our site, you can find a lot of information on our culture-driven business coaching program and its benefits. However, much like our other services, this program has a unique purpose and is not suited for all.
Here are 10 reasons culture-driven business coaching might not be for you.
- Your organization is already using a “business operating system” such as Scaling Up or EOS.
- Your strategic planning is a heavily Board driven process, and you’re not able to adjust the process without heavy pushback.
- There is already zero confusion about who is accountable for what at every level in the organization.
- Your association’s strategic timeline is tight, and would require you to look at least 5 years ahead to plan new implementations.
- Your organization is already consistently hitting targets on pace to doubling your revenue in the next 3 years or so, you don’t want to rock the boat.
- You only trust your leadership team with strategic execution and are not comfortable sharing details with lower level staff.
- You are an association that works with government agencies and are tied down by their processes and limitations.
- You won’t be able to convince your Board to embrace the changes that will drive real growth for your association.
- While you agree that culture is “nice to have” and has it’s benefits to your employer branding, you don’t see culture implementation as a tangible business tool.
- Your operations are so lean that there’s never any money or time available to invest in new growth.
Our PROPEL coaching program is a constant exchange of effort for change, and we know that that is not for everybody. Individuals who find success with culture-driven business coaching are innovative and driven. These are leaders and organizations that have the capacity to embrace transformation and implement structure at the same time. By participating in this type of business coaching program, you are at risk for exponential growth and full organizational transparency. Not all associations will align with the design of culture-driven coaching, but if you’ve read this far and find yourself ready for the challenge, it may be time to contact us and get started.
Photo by Alex Sorto